Jeffrey L. Campbell has an extensive and diverse litigation background and has tried hundreds of cases before both state and federal courts. His practice focuses on civil, criminal and traffic litigation in the realms of personal injury, criminal and traffic defense, divorce and custody and general civil litigation. In addition, Jeff has represented the Smyth County Department of Social Services for 12 years and served as counsel for many other local governments and agencies.
- Defending all types of criminal charges from the most serious felony matters such as murder and rape to simple traffic matters such as reckless driving and speeding violations.Handling complex civil litigation including all manners of personal injury, products liability, commercial disputes and real estate matters.
- Represented hundreds of clients in divorce, custody and family law cases.
- Represented claimants before the Social Security Administration in SSI and SSDI disability matters.
- Represented numerous individuals and businesses in local government matters such as zoning, land use regulations, subdivision ordinances and various other violations of local building codes and statewide regulatory schemes.
- Represented local social services agencies in child protective services, adult protective services.
- Represented many businesses, corporations and agencies in personnel matters ranging from grievance issues to federal discrimination complaints.
- B.A., Emory & Henry College, 1992, Mass Communication & Political Science
- J.D., Appalachian School of Law, 2000.
- U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Virginia Supreme Court
- Member of the Virginia House of Delegates representing the 6th District of Virginia.
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Local Government Attorneys Association of Virginia – former
- Former Mayor – Town of Saltville